Sony advances the state of the art for CD burning with its first CD-RW drive
for USB 2.0 equipped PCs or Mac computers. USB 2.0 offers high-speed transfer
rates with backward compatibility with older USB 1.1 devices.
The CRX1750U/A2 supports ultra-fast 24X/10X/40X max. performance and can create
a full CD in under 4 minutes. When connected to a USB 1.1 system, it will perform
at 4X/4X/6X max. (a limitation of that version of USB).
Also included is Sony's new Power-Burn CD recording management system. Power-Burn
technology takes the worry out of CD burning by reducing buffer-underrun and
optimizing the burn to the brand and type of CD-R/RW disc used.
The CRX1750U/A2 comes complete with a generous suite of software tools to help
you manage and edit digital pictures and video, listen to and record your own
original digital music, and even back up your PC. Works with Windows 98SE/ 2000
and Windows Millennium Edition, and soon with the Windows XP operating system.
Also works with Mac OS 9.0.6 or 9.1
- 24/10X/40X max powerful performance allows recording of large files to be
completed easily and quickly
- USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 offers easy connectivity to any PC or Mac Computer
- USB 2.0 offers high-speed transfer rates with backward compatibility with
older USB 1.1 devices
- Sony's own Power Burn Technology provides worry free CD recording by eliminating
buffer underruns Create data CD ROM, Video CD, Music CD and CD to CD copy
with the software bundle included in the kit
- Records up to 700 MB of data or 80 minutes of music (depending on type of
- PC: Windows 98SE/2000, Windows ME and soon Windows XP
- Macintosh: Mac OS 9.0.4/9.1